COPAS Energy Education
Knowing Your COPAS Documents Live Webinar Series I: Directly Chargeable or Covered by Overhead
Date: January 17, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM (CT)
Program Level: Intermediate CPE Credits: 1 Hour
Delivery: Group-Internet Based Prerequisites: None
Advance Prep: None Field of Study: Accounting
The first session addresses one of the most common issues in joint interest accounting: whether a particular cost is directly chargeable or covered by overhead. Several COPAS publications are reviewed to help attendees understand the types of costs addressed in those publications and chargeability topics discussed, including:
- MFI-21 Overhead Principles
- MFI-27 Employee Benefits and Percentage Limitation
- MFI-35 Employee and Contractor Training Costs
- MFI-37 Incentive Compensation Costs
- MFI-44 Field Computer and Communication Systems
- MFI-49 Employee and Contractor Awards
- MFI-52 Catastrophe-Related Costs
- AG-20 Extrapolated Sales & Use Tax Audit Assessments
- AG-28 Real Time Operations Centers
Learning Objectives: By the end of this class you will be able to
- Recall specific guidelines and interpretations to determine a cost's chargeability.
- Identify a cost as either "directly chargeable" or "covered by overhead."
For questions, please contact the COPAS Office at (303) 300-1131 or email@example.com.
Click here to read the COPAS Complaint Policy
Click here to read the COPAS Refund Policy
Council of Petroleum Accountants Societies (COPAS), Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Registration Type: Webinar: Directly Chargeable or Covered by Overhead (Jan 17)